Sunday, November 5, 2006

I refuse ...

To get giddy. Pardon me for not jumping on the Bandwagon of Happiness at the polls coming out showing Dems will take the House, some saying the Senate too. I'll reserve my elation for Wednesday morning, when all the votes are counted and the results firm.

You see, 72 hours out, I don't put anything past the Republicans, and I refuse to underestimate the stupidity of the American people. A Rethug landslide win on Tuesday wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Over the past 6 years, we've seen more dirty tricks, more questionable vote counting, than you would in some Third World toilet, run by some tin-horn dictator. Does anyone think that's gonna change? Personally, I think it'll get worse this year because the Dems are supposed to pick up a buncha seats.

The reason I'm so 'doom and gloom' is I want Dems to get to the polls Tuesday. I don't want them hearing 'it's a lock' and most of them decide to stay home. Dems have to win, and they have to win going away. No one-run wins in extra innings, this has to be decided by the third, more runs than the Rethugs can ever score in the last 6.

Get out to the polls on Tuesday and cast your vote. I don't care how long you have to wait in line (go when your polling place opens, 6 a.m. for me, and avoid the line), your vote counts more this year than it ever has. The Rethugs want nothing more than for you to stay home.

Citizenship is difficult, and this is the most important election in years, in my memory at least. Put up with the hassle. Deal with the stupid shit the Rethugs will throw in your way. And if you think there was a problem with your voting machine, raise Hell.

Remember, if the Rethugs hold on to a majority, this might be the last election you vote in.

No comments: