Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Alterations to my "lifestyle"....

Ok,I quit smoking. Last night. So,it's been about 10 hours since I had a cigarette.

I have "the patch",and I must say,it's not HELPING. So far this morning I've yelled at my son,threw a slipper at the cats and started crying because there was no hot water in the shower. And it's only 8:30 in the morning. This could get ugly.

I have to quit,I promised my son. And it's effecting my health. I've been smoking for most of the last 30 years. The only times I've quit was during my two pregnancies and a little while after the kids were born.(I know,why I started up after not smoking for at least a year,twice,is just plain stupid)

And just to make it interesting,I've given up coffee and soda too. Because having them triggers my urge to smoke. Coffee and cigs has been one of my food groups for so long I'm not sure what the hell I'm gonna find to replace them.(and please,no mind in the gutter suggestions,my husband has covered that territory already,thank you very much. I then threw my other slipper at him.) I suppose there's plenty of crap around here to do to keep me occupied,but it still sucks.

So,if you've quit smoking and never looked back,share something helpful. Please. I beg of you. Otherwise there could be film of me on CNN taking a chainsaw to my house or something.

No comments: