Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christian soldiers

I am so totally sick of this shit:

A military watchdog group is asking the Defense Department to investigate whether seven Army and Air Force officers violated regulations by appearing in uniform in a promotional video for an evangelical Christian organization.

...

"I found a wonderful opportunity as a director on the joint staff, as I meet the people that come into my directorate," Air Force Maj. Gen. Jack J. Catton Jr. says in the video. "And I tell them right up front who Jack Catton is, and I start with the fact that I'm an old-fashioned American, and my first priority is my faith in God, then my family and then country. I share my faith because it describes who I am."

...


These bible-thumping morons should not be allowed to lead our servicepeople. When some genius says he puts God before country, it means he believes the lives of his troops are expendable and 'God' will see to their souls once their lives are squandered. I don't want Jesus freaks like this being in charge of some of the most dangerous weaponry ever devised by man.

Too many people have gone to war because they believed it was 'God's will'. I'll tell you something, the Nazis thought God was on their side too. I don't want an army of 'christian soldiers' who someday may decide their loyalty to some dusty old holy book is stronger than their loyalty to their commander-in-chief. These guys should be cashiered faster than Gen Shinseki was after he testified before Congress.

Tip o' the Brain to C & L.

No comments: