Thursday, July 26, 2007

Quote of the Day

Lord help me, this is the first, and hopefully the last, time I quote Robert "Butt-boy Bob" Novak, but it highlights how desperate the conservatives are. They're equivocating ... badly:

...

BLITZER: Your subtitle is "50 Years Reporting in Washington." You have covered a lot of presidents, you covered Nixon, for example. In the book, you say "he was a poor president, a bad man who inflicted grave damage on his party and his country."

Give us your report card, your ranking of the current president, President Bush.

NOVAK: I think he's mediocre. I think he's very disappointing. I don't think he's a bad man as Nixon is. I think he means well. He made a terrible mistake on Iraq. But I thought he was the first conservative Bush. I thought he was a real Texas conservative. It turns out he's like his grandfather, who I covered, a Connecticut liberal. [my ems]

...


And anyone who could call the Fascist / Nazi sympathizer Prescott Bush a liberal* should be ridiculed, laughed at, and spanked in the public square.


*Well, maybe a Connecticut Liberal like Joe Lieberman.

Link via Maru.

No comments: