Sunday, November 18, 2007

Okay, look ...

I believe in the right to keep and bear, but idiots like this make me think we ought to re-look at the 2nd Amendment:

(CBS) The 911 call came from a Pasadena, Tex., resident, who alerted police to two burglary suspects on a neighbor's property. Before he hung up, two men were dead by his hand.

Joe Horn, 61, told the dispatcher what he intended to do: Walk out his front door with a shotgun.

...


Now, if they were trying to get into his house, I wouldn't care if he put a few shots through the door and blew 'em off the porch. Try to break into my house and the cops'll be wrestling my dog for your rib bones, but what the hell is this idiot thinking? Sadly, there are a lot of clowns with guns who'll be raising a drink for him tonight.

... Another letter writer praised Horn, saying, "Where does the line form to pin a medal on Joe Horn? I want to get in line." Another wrote, "Let's get rid of the police force and just hire Joe Horn!" ...


Yeah, let's just get rid of the cops and let a buncha senile, limp-dick old fools run around with shotguns. "Ya damn kids; get off my lawn," has a whole new meaning in that light, don't it?

And, being it's Texas, they probably will pin a medal on him.

No comments: