Monday, November 19, 2007

Worst Op-Ed Day Ever

Matt Yglesias

Not only does today's New York Times contain an op-ed about how Reagan was no racist (he just supported white supremacist policies) and an op-ed about how we should invade Pakistan, but it also features Tom Friedman, who I'd been finding pretty agreeable of late, writing things like:

And that brings me back to the Obama-Cheney ticket: When it comes to how best to deal with Iran, each has half a policy — but if you actually put them together, they’d add up to an ideal U.S. strategy for Iran. Dare I say, they complete each other.

OK, I'm convinced - Friedman's lost his fucking mind.

Read Glenn Greenwald. I don't even want to think about this preposterous Maureen Dowd column. I think this might be the Worst Times Op-ed Page Ever.

There's a rare, thank goodness, phenomenon in the world of auto and bike mechanics when the design tolerances in a product are all on the tightest or loosest side. Too loose, you get rattles, noise, leaks. Too tight, you get overheating and seizing.

Sounds like The Gray Lady had a 'tolerance stack' day on the crazy side.

No comments: