Listen to me. Al Qaeda doesn't have to do anything else. They've won. Consider the scorecard since 9/11:
1. The U.S. military is bogged down in wars there seems no escape from, though we're throwing trillions into the Sandbox.
2. Oil prices are through the roof (just paid $3.30/gal for regular gas in Mrs. F's car an hour ago), and the Afghani at the station is quite certain we'll hit $4.00/gal by Christmas.
3. The dollar is approaching worthlessness (the Canadian dollar is now worth more).
4. The 'American brand' is hopelessly tarnished around the world, most likely never to regain its former luster in my lifetime.
5. The American political apparatus has been stymied into a virtual stalemate.
6. The only thing the government can do is scare you over the 'terrorists' lurking under every rock, but even that isn't working anymore. They've cried wolf for so long, nobody even gives a shit.
On 12 September 2001, Osama bin Laden would have been fully justified declaring 'Mission Accomplished'. There's no need for him to do anything else here aside from an operation a few months before Election Day next year, just to assure