Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bush Refuses to Read McClellan’s Book, Calling It ‘A Book’

Borowitz

“I have no intention of reading Scott McClellan’s book,” Mr. Bush told reporters, “because it’s a book.”

Mr. Bush said he was “surprised” that Mr. McClellan had written a book to criticize him because “if you’re trying to communicate some criticism to me, a book is pretty much the last place you’d put it.”

The president said that he thought the chances of his someday reading Mr. McClellan’s book were “zero,” adding, “If I didn’t read the Iraq Study Group’s report, I really don’t think I’m about to read Scott McClellan’s little book.”

“Scott McClellan would have had a much better shot if he had put his memoir in Xbox 360 format and then slipped it into a package labeled ‘Grand Theft Auto 5,’” he said.

For his part, Mr. Bush said that there was in fact a book published this week that had caught his eye: the new James Bond thrilled entitled “Devil May Care.”

“Now, that book looks like it could be good,” he said. “Maybe I’ll have Laura read it to me.”

Bush can read just fine. He's 'aliterate', which means he he chooses not to read. That is unconscionable in that office, and much much worse than 'illiterate'.

I want a President who reads everything he can get his hands on, including, say, The Constitution, history, and the opinions of experts instead of listening to neocon ideologues with an agenda and falling for their evil ideas.

No comments: