Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday Crazy Afro-American Hillbilly Music Blogging

I like Old Time String Band music, which some more urbane types would call 'hillbilly' music. Sometimes I fergit that there's Afro-Americans up in them hills 'n hollers too. Besides, I love the name of this band!

Take note of the old-school clawhammer banjo style. She musta learned that from her Granmaw.


Carolina Chocolate Drops ~ Trouble In Mind

Thanks to johnkontos123.


A little digging led me to, of all places, the Knoxville News-Sentinel's channel. They have a lot of straight news videos, but also a lot of old-time music videos from WDVX's Blue Plate Special show. Check out the knees-aflappin' style on the jug and - what? Wooden spoons, I think. Hillbilly nunchaku. Heh.

Fixer and I met in Knoxville, so to speak, and have friends there, so we're kinda partial to East Tennessee.


Carolina Chocolate Drops ~ Cornbread and Butterbeans

No comments: