Thursday, January 13, 2011

Former Bush speech writer: Blame marijuana for shootings, not gun laws

Fixer, please edit this for me if you spot any mistakes or typos. My vision's a little blurry from bangin' my head on the table.

Raw Story

David Frum, a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush who now works as editor of his own conservative political website, suggested in a recent opinion essay that last weekend's tragic events in Tucson, Arizona remind him of why the US must continue prosecuting the war on drugs -- and in particular, the war on America's marijuana users.

"After horrific shootings, we hear calls for stricter regulation of guns," he wrote. "The Tucson shooting should remind us why we regulate marijuana.

"Jared Lee Loughner, the man held as the Tucson shooter, has been described by those who know as a 'pot smoking loner.' He had two encounters with the law, one for possession of drug paraphernalia."

Smoking weed makes me want to shoot things - it makes me want to shoot Twinkies into my vein.

Note to Frummie: You're a fuckin' idiot.

No comments: