Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tour guiding ...

Showing off my beautiful Island to our friends from Wales. If yesterday was any indication, I'll be scarce around here for a couple days. I have to have them back aboard Queen Mary 2 on Wednesday morning. Their first experience with NYC traffic yesterday, trying to get from Pier 88 on the West Side (Hudson River) to the Queens Midtown Tunnel (East River), took us an hour and a half to go less than 5 miles. Heh ...


View My Saved Places in a larger map


They also got to experience one of our world-class beaches.

2 comments:

casey said...

Hello Fixer,

As someone whom driving in NYC was part of my job I congratulate you on your ability to get cross town in less than two hours time. I have driven in Manhattan while on the job for over 36 years and in that time the traffic has only gotten worse. On average marathoners make better time than vehicles in NYC. I hope your friends enjoy their stay in NY.

mandt said...

Did they taste a Coney Island dog?