Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Hey, Sis - it's workin'!

I must admit to being somewhat delinquent in my reading of Shakespeare's Sister lately, but she must me doing something right.

The Carpetbagger Report

The Catholic League, a conservative religious group, is demanding that Mr. Edwards dismiss the two, Amanda Marcotte of the Pandagon blog site and Melissa McEwan, who writes on her blog, Shakespeare's Sister, for expressing anti-Catholic opinions...

Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, said in a statement on Tuesday, "John Edwards is a decent man who has had his campaign tarnished by two anti-Catholic vulgar trash-talking bigots."

Bill Donohue is about as much of a right-wing throwback as a Catholic can get, Mel Gibson notwithstanding.

If a person is known by who their enemies are, Sis is my buddy.

I have no idea what she said to piss this clown off, but I do know that Sis is a graduate of Loyola University and you know how Liberal those Jesuits are!

She does cuss and mention private parts and bodily fluids & functions once in a while...

I'm a fallen-away Catholic ever since I figured out what an oppressive scam the Church is. Its wealth and opulence were derived, more properly stolen, by manufactured fear of eternal damnation, kinda like Bush uses on the rest of us, from their - Baa-aa-aa-aah - flock, amongst whom are some of the poorest people on Earth.

Luther and Cromwell may have been right, if guys like Donohue are any indication.

I put this post in draft form to go do something else for a minute, and when I went to complete it I noticed Fixer posted on the same subject. This has only happened twice in two and a half years. Great minds.

No comments: