Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Dems' "Neville Chamberlain moment"

Here's another quote from Keith Olbermann's Special Comment on how the Dems sold out to Bush.

"We seem to be very near the bleak choice between war and shame," Winston Churchill wrote to Lord Moyne in the days after the British signed the Munich accords with Germany in 1938. "My feeling is that we shall choose shame, and then have war thrown in, a little later…"

That's what this is for the Democrats, isn't it?

Their "Neville Chamberlain moment" before the Second World War. All that's missing is the landing at the airport, with the blinkered leader waving a piece of paper which he naively thought would guarantee "peace in our time," but which his opponent would ignore with deceit.

The Democrats have merely streamlined the process.

Their piece of paper already says Mr. Bush can ignore it, with impugnity.

Chamberlain's wishy-washy appeasement of Hitler in '38 set the stage for six years of Hot World War and almost fifty years of Cold World War.

I wonder what the Dems' apparent sellout to Bush will lead to. I say "apparent" because in the back of my mind I keep hoping they know something I don't and have done this thing for some underlying purpose other than the '08 election. I'm not going to hold my breath.

No comments: