Friday, May 23, 2008

Everclear to Gitmo

I never heard of 'em, but when I read the headline, I thought we were sending Gitmo some white lightning to put in the punch bowl. I was down wit dat. If I were stationed there, I'd want the strongest booze I could get aholt of! Then when I found out they're a band I wondered what the hell they did. Lefty lyrics? Go read if yer interested.

"[...} I’ve got a song I’m thinking about playing there for the first time, called “Jesus Was a Democrat.”
...

"[...] There’s a line in it that goes, “Jesus would be locked up in Guantanamo Bay if he were alive today.” I consider myself Christian but not in any traditional sense. I was brought up in a serious evangelical home, and always had problems with Christianity, like there was something great there, but that I wasn’t seeing it. I see why most people, especially young people, are afraid of Christians. There’s a line in the song that says, “I wonder if Jesus is as afraid of Christians as I am?” They’re scary!"

Yep, some of 'em.

No comments: