Saturday, August 9, 2008

Landslide

Caught a little of Stevie Nicks on Soundstage last night. I got reminded of how good this gal is, and picked this one out of 257 versions on YouTube. I like the one with The Dixie Chicks as well.

This is a song about getting older, which I hope to continue to do for a long time to come, and about things changing and resistance to that. Here's what I've learned - change happens and there's nothing you can do about it, but you can pick and choose. Choose the changes that you like and that help you grow and learn, and fuck the changes that don't, but be prepared to accept them anyway. F'rinstance, I still ain't comfortable with overhead cams. Heh.

Also, The Serenity Prayer ain't just fer drunks anymore, although that's how a lot of us came to learn about it. It esplains my Buddha-like countenance. Well, the chile rellenos and enchiladas help too...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.


Enjoy.



Aw, what the hell, let's have a Stevie Nicks blowout!

Stevie Nicks and Don Henley performing their classic hit "Leather and Lace" live in 2005. Still sounds as awesome as it did back in 81!


No comments: