Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who's Raising Race?

Subtitled "The Messages Loaded Into a McCain Surrogate's Words" by Eugene Robinson, a brother of note. The surrogate of whom he speaks is Lindsey Graham, the poster boy for thin-skinned southerner AF weenies and McCain operatives, but that doesn't matter, they're interchangeable and disposable.

As the kerfuffle of the past week indicates, it's apparently even problematic for Obama to attempt to describe the Republican Party's obvious game plan of defining him as different, exotic and risky.

Obama could note, however, that the tactic doesn't seem to be working. A new poll by The Post, the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard University shows him leading McCain by 10 points, 47 to 37 percent, among white low-income workers. These people have to be made to fear or distrust Obama, and in a hurry, or McCain loses.

I gotta admit, I got kinda worried when Obama showed he couldn't bowl for sour owl shit, but I got over it in a heartbeat when he sank that 40-footer in Kuwait while refusing to visit the troops.

Bowling is a good American sport, fun, and easy to do if you've been doing it for fifty years like I have.

Basketball is also a good American sport, but the last time I was any good at it was 1957, when I played it on a dirt court and we had to wear long pants so we wouldn't get our knees all skinned up.

I'm sure there's a cultural reason as to why a brother is better at hoops than bowling, and I don't really know where I'm going with this, but it is of such small things that trust/distrust is made.

I trust a smart black b-baller a hell of a lot more than I do an old dumb white moron who, if he could raise his arms high enough, would probably play golf with corporate execs to figure out how to screw us.

As one of the gasbags said, "Many Americans base their vote on information that makes Cliff's Notes seem like an encyclopedia".

No comments: