Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Krazy Kraut Redneck Music Blogging

One of the best things about real country music, called 'alt.country' these days because it's not corporate enough to play on Big Market Radio, yeesh, is that you never know where you're going to find it. Also, it's a minor act of revolution to play music yourself without corporate intervention.

Here's some from Germany. This is a cover of the Nanci Griffith version of a Gordon Lightfoot song. You can tell two things right away - this ain't nowhere near Boulder Dam, which by the way I still call Boulder Dam because my family, rock-ribbed Republicans, wouldn't let me say 'Hoover' in the house because they never forgave him for screwing things up so bad that that commie Roosevelt got elected. I think my aunt even taped over the brand name on the vacuum cleaner. Also, this gal isn't singing in her first language.


And Friends Berlin ~ Ten Degrees And Getting Colder

And because wretched excess is barely enough, here's a first for the Brain, I think. Here's Ulla And Her Singing Saw:


Searching For A Soldier's Grave

Thank you, pedalsteelpaul.

No comments: