Monday, March 2, 2009

CPAC: Zombie Jamboree


CPAC attendees eagerly await Rushole's speech


I was reading a piece at HuffPo called 'GOP:R.I.P.':

The Republican Party, America's second oldest political party and a force in American politics and government since the time of Abraham Lincoln, died on March 1. It was 155 years old.

Death apparently resulted from injuries suffered during a violent mugging by 67 millions voters last November, ...

However, police did not rule out the possibility of suicide. [...]

The time of death was uncertain, but Lanier said it probably occurred shortly after several witnesses heard the victim declare, "If Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Ron Paul represent my future, I'll kill myself."

Yeah, yeah, murder, suicide, who fuckin' cares as long as they're dead, right?

Then I gots ta thinkin', a dangerous pastime for me, well, if they're so fuckin' dead why are they still here?

Because they're the undead, that's why.

A zombie is a reanimated human corpse. Stories of zombies originated in the Afro-Caribbean spiritual belief system of Vodou, which told of the people being controlled as laborers by a powerful sorcerer.

Suits 'em to a T! I can dig the 'controlled as laborers by a powerful sorcerer' part, and I hope they can see the multiple ironies in their continued quasi-existence as being rooted in Afro-Caribbean spiritual beliefs, but I doubt it. Heh.

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the word entered English circa 1871; it's derived from the Louisiana Creole or Haitian Creole zonbi, which in turn is of Bantu origin.[2] A zonbi is a person who is believed to have died and been brought back to life without speech or free will.

Hmmmm. Well, the Repugs only have enough 'free will' to accept their garbage ideology without thought or question, but they sure as shit got plenty of speech!

A philosophical zombie is a concept used in the philosophy of mind, a field of research which examines the association between conscious thought and the physical world. A philosophical zombie is a hypothetical person who lacks full consciousness but has the biology or behavior of a normal human being; [...]

Whew! Totally back on track!

I was gonna try and work the phrase 'death warmed over' into this, but then I thought of Ann Coulter and just din't. Stinking and rotting, yes, warmth, no.

Here is my suggested theme song for CPAC and the 'new' Repug party. It's kinda 'off the hook hip-hop', too. I'm sure Fixer will be thrilled at the location. Heh.

Come ta think of it, the Coultergeist is actually mentioned in the song a coupla times.


The Kingston Trio ~ Zombie Jamboree


Update:

I just found out that if you click on the second icon from the right in the video's toolbar, it will go to full screen. Makes it a little grainy, but it's pretty cool. Hit 'esc' to un-fullscreen it.

No comments: