Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dear CCCs*,

Listen to me. I own 2 cards, Visa and Amex. For convenience, we use 'em like cash, paying off the bills every month, on time (or early). I have no qualms cutting them up and using a debit card the same way. The only reason we do use your cards is for the points we earn (the Amex is a "Delta SkyMiles" version where we get points on the Mrs.' business travel and use 'em for vacation travel - business class to London this September, free round trip to Ft. Lauderdale this past February).

If you decide to cut the benefits (or ream me .060 oversize without lubrication by trying to raise my interest rate) there's no point in bothering with your little shitty pieces of plastic.

That's just me. I'm sure a lot of other folks in my position are thinking the same thing right about now. You might want to reconsider:

They really are a brilliant bunch. What successful business model relies on giving the shaft to your best customers? Forget the excuse about being forced to deal with risky customers because that's exactly what the industry wanted for years and now they're being asked to clean up their mess. They were sending out pre-approved credit card applications to anyone including the baby daughter of my friend. The industry has been foolish for years and now they will continue the stupidity with this. If they really want to discourage good customers from using credit, go for it and see how long their beloved shareholders tolerate that model.

...


No skin off my ass if you lose your shirts.

Regards,

Fixer

*Credit Card Corporations

No comments: