Monday, January 24, 2011

Blue - Red - Blue - Red

It's one of the first symbolic acts of this supposedly new era of civility in Washington: Heeding a call from Sen. Mark Udall (D-Colo.), nearly 60 lawmakers - and counting - from both parties are pledging to sit together at Tuesday's State of the Union address, breaking with the tradition of separating themselves by party.

...


It reminds me of the boy/girl/boy/girl seating we had in elementary school (which, looking at how these assholes behave, might not be a far reach). I hope this seating plan at least makes the SOTU interesting (I'll tell you right now, all Barry will say is that he's giving over more of this country to the corporations). Fuck that "you lie!" bullshit from last year, I'm hoping for fisticuffs in the aisles.

Personally, this "new civility" means nothing to me. I don't care how nice they are (or not) to each other, I care about what they're doing for their constituents. Civility ain't gonna change anything in this country, not for the folks who need jobs or are getting their house foreclosed out from under them.

No comments: