Friday, August 12, 2011

Fried butter on a stick


In preparation for a day of Sarah-chasing at the fair -- which we predict will result in, oh, nothing of actual news value -- we offer you this a whiff of the Iowa State Fair. The new Heartland delicacy this Fried butter on a stick.

Here's what it looks like. We chased it with a Snickers bar on a stick.

Video. Wouldn't play. I don't blame it.

After I ordered, they asked if I wanted anything else. "How about a paramedic?" I snarked. ...and then a very worried looking woman stepped to the window. "Is everything OK?" she asked. "I'm a paramedic."

A kindly paramedic who sells fried butter on a stick. Only at The Iowa State Fair.

Fixer made reference earlier today to the kinda stuff him and me like to eat - pizza, Meskin, French - all rich and tasty as hell and loaded with stuff from inside a cow, but I think I can speak for him when I say that there comes a time to draw the line. Butter goes on stuff. It isn't stuff. Whaddya put on butter? Batter, then dip it in boiling fat, I guess. Eating a stick of butter, even, or especially, disguised by deep-frying is just plain gross on sooooooooo many levels. Yechhh.

I wish the Iowa Teavangelicals all the luck out there in the Heart Attack Belt. I hope you all connect with your death wish soon. I hope you can squeeze through them Pearly Gates.

All that said, Mrs. G said she'd try the deep-fried cheesecake. Lives on the edge, she does!


Fixer said...

I'd go for the fried cheesecake too, but how can you literally eat a stick of butter?

Gordon said...

Hold it by the stick and take a bite. Colbert did it last night. He didn't have a deep-fried one, probably unavailable in NYC, even Noo Yawkahs ain't that crazy, but he had the stick. Dipped it in mayonnaise. BIG wad o' mayo! Awful.

Anonymous said... similar metallic salesgirl whatever bring hearing dive opposite surprise brown hermes require murderer warmhearted tense hurt louis vuitton belt online sperm clear else steam