Friday, June 15, 2012

The Jukebox in my mind ...



Cheap Trick - Surrender


I guess it's in my head because Father's Day is coming up. Happy Father's day, you mothers. Heh ...

Mother told me, yes, she told me I'd meet girls like you.
She also told me, "Stay away, you'll never know what you'll catch."
Just the other day I heard a soldier falling off some Indonesian junk that's going round.

Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird.
Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away, ay, ay, ay.

Father says, "Your mother's right, she's really up on things."
"Before we married, Mommy served in the WACS in the Philippines."
Now, I had heard the WACS recruited old maids for the war.
But mommy isn't one of those, I've known her all these years.

Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird.
Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away, ay, ay, ay.

Whatever happened to all this season's losers of the year?
Ev'ry time I got to thinking, where'd they disappear?
When I woke up, Mom and Dad are rolling on the couch.
Rolling numbers, rock and rolling, got my Kiss records out.

Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird.
Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away, ay, ay, ay.

Away.
Away.

2 comments:

WhyNot said...

Hey "Fixer",

Don't know if you remember me: a few years ago you asked me to contribute to your site with articles while you were attending to your latest novel.

When I say "me", I mean me and Dianne (ex-wife). I hope I/we didn't make a mess of things.

"Thanks" to spammer assholes who bombarded PP (= "Pourquoi Pas?", i.e "http://ppblog.free.fr) with their spam shit with a vengeance, the host ("Free", France's largest ISP) shut me down several times. As a result, I now have access restricted to members.

If you feel enclined to waffle on PP, go right ahead: waffling is our motto and favorite pastime, lol. I created a memeber account for your highness, lol. Your nickname/password are "The Fixer" and "[the city you live in]" (including the spaces and upper case letters where appropriate).

I gave you "Author" status, which means you can write articles as well as comments.

Hope to see ya soon :-]

Gordon said...

Two hawgs and two mopeds. Cheap Trick's ready to terrorize the streets from NYC to Amsterdam! :-)