Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hey, WaPo, feel sumthin' tuggin' atcher lip?

TPM

The Washington Post on Tuesday issued a correction to a piece that incorrectly claimed Sarah Palin was joining the pan-arab news network Al Jazeera. In the piece, published Tuesday morning, Suzi Parker quoted The Daily Currant, a satirical news site, on Palin's move:

“As you all know, I’m not a big fan of newspapers, journalists, news anchors and the liberal media in general,” Palin told the Web site The Daily Currant. “But I met with the folks at Al-Jazeera and they told me they reach millions of devoutly religious people who don’t watch CBS or CNN. That tells me they don’t have a liberal bias.”
Actually, given Moosebreath's tenuous grasp of, well, everything, I can almost understand WaPo falling for it. Heh.

2 comments:

BadTux said...

Given that half the shit I see on those satire sites ends up coming true, I hereby call shenanigans on the notion that Caribou Barbie isn't getting a show on Al Jazeera. Just wait a few months ;).

- Badtux the Snarky Penguin

Gordon said...

She'd make a fine weather girl in Qatar. :-)