Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Europe

This is very important and very good news. From Ezra at Pandagon:

Earlier today, Jesse pointed us to this Financial Times article in which Germany begins, uh, questioning how firm their commitment to staying out of Iraq is. It's important enough that I want to reemphasize it and point a couple of things out,

[. . .]


As I've said before, I spent a good portion of my life living in Germany and I know the Germans. The reason they've been so uncooperative about Iraq is our Moron in Chief, not the fact of Iraq itself. How much you wanna bet that if Kerry gets elected, there'll be a brigade of German infantry or two in Iraq by springtime, maybe some French Foreign Legion too. Mark my words.

[. . .]

In an interview with the Financial Times, [German Defense Minister] Mr Struck departed from his government’s resolve not to send troops to Iraq under any circumstances, saying: “At present I rule out the deployment of German troops in Iraq. In general, however, there is no one who can predict developments in Iraq in such a way that he could make a such a binding statement [about the future].”

[. . .]


Update: 16:00:

Matt Yglesias has something to say on this too.

No comments: