Saturday, October 16, 2004

Rednecks

I personally blame Jeff Foxworthy for making rednecks sound loveable. Most of the rednecks I’ve met are meaner than snakepiss with the intellect of a walnut-brained alligator.

Now we have a president who’s been part of the pampered class all his life who cannot find comfort among his own class despite all the remedial tutoring and cash bailouts he’s had from all his Dadddy’s friends. He’s far more comfortable displaying all the gator attributes, reaching down to the inbreds and toothless wonders with the politics of hate and division honed to fever pitch, combined with an aw-shucks nice guy camera front that appeals to people accustomed to instinctive response, which is so much easier than actual thinking.

[. . .]


You gotta read the whole thing.

I'm probably done for the day. I have to go to a Bar Mitzvah today that will probably last ALL day. They're conservative Jews. Oy! I leave you in my partner Gordon's more-than-capable hands.

No comments: