Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm Here

A big thank you to Fixer and Gordon for the invite. I will try to inform, incite and entertain (in no particular order). I have a lot to say about current events and hope to be pissed-off enough to actually post some of it here.

Here's a capsule bio:

"I was born in Jersey City, New Jersey and now live in a small farming village in Lower Austria. Professionally, I am an independent software developer. I have been involved in one aspect or another of software development since 1966.

After a stint as a civil servant with the U.S. Navy and the U.S. General Servicees Administration, I moved to private industry and started developing software in 1966. I’ve never looked back, I love the industry. I currently develop in Java, but my background encompasses C, Delphi (Object Pascal) and assembler development. I’m now moving into web development, mainly using PHP and Ruby on Rails.

When not in front of the monitor I can be found with my wife (also a software developer and amateur photographer), with camera slung over shoulder and tripod in hand looking for something at which to point the camera. We both also enjoy cycling (and, when in shape, running) and reading just about anything that someone has seen fit to print."

So that's me. I like to feel that, having lived outside the U.S. for 20 years, I bring a unique perspective to U.S. politics. I hope what I have to say will keep you interested enough to come back.

R.

No comments: