Monday, August 10, 2009

Froomkin's New Home

Canned for telling the truth at a major newspaper, Dan Froomkin has found a new gig.

As for me, this is the first of many posts in my new capacity as Washington bureau chief for the Huffington Post. Starting today, I hope to write fairly often - but that won't be my main job anymore. I'll also be working with a team of reporters who are redefining how Washington should be covered.

We'll be putting a premium on accountability journalism, focusing relentlessly on the corrupting effect of lobbyists and money on our government, and calling out those people in the national discourse who traffic in misinformation and know-nothingism rather than argue in good faith.

It's an opportunity to directly encourage and shape the kind of journalism that, in my previous incarnation, I occasionally championed - but more often yearned for.

Wish us luck. Follow our work. Come back often. I'm glad to be here.

I'm glad you're there too. Best of luck, bud. We'll be watching.

No comments: