Friday, September 17, 2010

Yeah, it was us ...

You know, I have to go through life with the guilt (seriously) of what my people did to my wife's people. I don't like having Nazi Germany as part of my heritage but there ain't shit I can do about it. I wasn't born then and I take pride in the fact a book was written about how our town resisted Hitler and the Nazis.

Now the German Pope (didn't I tell you when he was appointed that you can't give Germans that much power) is blaming atheists for the Holocaust. I can't fucking win.

...

The leader of the Roman Catholic church concluded a speech, made before the Queen and assembled dignitaries at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, with the argument that the Nazi desire to eradicate God had led to the Holocaust and a plea for 21st-century Britain to respect its Christian foundations.

...


Dude, lemmie tell ya, the Nazis co-opted the Catholic church before Hitler became Chancellor.

No comments: