Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Crackpot Caucus

NYTimes Opinionator Blog

On matters of basic science and peer-reviewed knowledge, from evolution to climate change to elementary fiscal math, many Republicans in power cling to a level of ignorance that would get their ears boxed even in a medieval classroom. Congress incubates and insulates these knuckle-draggers.

Let’s take a quick tour of the crazies in the House. Their war on critical thinking explains a lot about why the United States is laughed at on the global stage, and why no real solutions to our problems emerge from that broken legislative body.

Go read this. The one thing the Repug house has done well is the invention of the invisible tinfoil hat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slightly off-topic, and coming out of My Yankee Mouth it might not mean much, but...

Until somebody demonstrates to my satisfaction (i.e., with facts and sh!t) that the Democratic Party sends its fringe whackjobs to the State House, and the Governor's Mansion, and Capitol Hill, at anything like the rate Republicans do theirs, I'm just gonna call out that "both-sides-do-it" bullshit wherever I see it, from the New York Times on down.

And, if you see Wolf Blitzer before I do, you can tell him I said so.

Gordon said...

That's not-fair and unbalanced "false equivalency" and I'll be glad to tell Wolf for you. :-)