Monday, October 18, 2004

But What Do I Do With All These Dollar Bills?

This one's just great! From AlterNet. We're all over it, like a lap dancer on a Republican businessman with a wad of cash.

When a few officials of the local Republican party in Cleveland, Ohio decided to treat themselves to a good old-fashioned boy's night out at a strip club, they were greeted with an alarming sight: a Fox News television crew.

"They asked me why Fox was outside," says Angelina Spencer, The Circus club owner, "and I told them they were doing a story about our voter registration campaign."

"They all scrambled and fought over the back door. One guy even got his tie caught in the door," she laughs.
Once again, the good shit's in between the quotes.

With Americans spending around $10 billion a year on adult entertainment, the industry clearly has an opportunity to influence the outcome of the election. "A few Republicans have politely asked me to stop," Spencer says. "Anytime you get strip club owners involved in the political process, you know it’s going to be quite an election."

I like the more amplitudinous gals, myself. More room to stuff dollar bills.

Maybe they need a ride to the polls on election day. A chance to do my civic duty!

No comments: