Friday, October 22, 2004

S.O.S.

Ha! Gotcha! No, we're not sinking. Yet. Nor are we commenting on that military delicacy, "creamed beef on toast", that all former servicemen know and love. This time it means 'Secretary Of State' and President-to-be Kerry is in a quandary:

Kerry, who would name a national security team a few weeks after the election, is said by campaign sources to be under a fair amount of pressure to pick Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.) or Richard Holbrooke to help repair global alliances and attract new allies to assist in Iraq. Both men are seasoned diplomats, ambitious and close friends and political advisers to Kerry. And both clearly want the job.

That's a tough decision. Both men are qualified for the job in spades. I think I am leaning towards Ambassador Holbrooke because of his experience at the U.N., but that's just me.

There's more on this, and other Cabinet positions besides, in this article in today's Washington Post.

I think it's a good thing that Kerry is confident enough to be doing this shit now. It shows he can plan ahead.

Now I've made myself hungry. I'm going up on the roof and get the other ingredient I need for some SOS!

No comments: