Monday, October 18, 2004

Hate? Of Couse Not. Loathe & Despise? Hell, Yes!

Byron Williams has this to say from Working For Change:

This may not come as a surprise, but I have received a plethora of e-mails accusing me of hating President Bush.

First, I hate no one. Second, I don't know President Bush, but he appears to be an affable individual. After all, any person whose favorite baseball player is Willie Mays cannot be all bad.

However, if hate is a loose euphemism for my profound disagreements with the president's policies the argument may have merit.

The good part is in between the quotes. Go read it.

It is the opinion of this writer that in order to support the president, one must place being a Republican above being an American.

I don't hate anybody. 'Hate' is a bad thing. I do, however loathe and despise George W. Bush. Personally. Anyone who could do to my (our) country the things he has done and think he is doing good work is a person worthy of my utter contempt on every level.

No comments: