Sunday, August 12, 2007

"...issuing orders to dead generals"

Roger "Waffles" Ebert reviews the film No End In Sight (be sure to go see the trailer) and closes with:

Although Bush and the war continue to sink in the polls, I know from some readers that they still support both. That is their right. And if they are so sure they are right, let more young men and women die or be maimed. I doubt if they will be willing to see this film, which further documents an administration playing its private war games. No, I am distinctly not comparing anyone to Hitler, but I cannot help being reminded of the stories of him in his Berlin bunker, moving nonexistent troops on a map, and issuing orders to dead generals.

I understand he needs all the viewers he can get and doesn't want to piss people off, but that's like saying, "I ain't sayin' ya got yer nose up anyone's ass, but boy is the tip o' that thing brown and stinky!". Heh.

Zere zeems to be a theme today, nicht wahr? (Heels click.)

No comments: