Friday, November 23, 2012

Ain't it amazin', Macy...

Yesterday was the big Macy's Thanksgiving parade in Noo Yawk City. I couldn't care less about that shit, but Mrs. G likes to watch it so I caught a little bit of it on one of the all-day reruns. I think forty years as a motorcycle mechanic gave me a slightly odd take on things.

Go see this copyright protected photo of an NYC motor cop. Take note of the cop's left hand.

There were about a dozen of these NYPD motor cops leading the parade, every last one of them slipping his clutch in unison with ballet-like precision so they could go that slow and maintain perfect formation.

I saw that and lost my mind just for a second and wished I had the contract for NYPD's motorcycle service business. I'm better now... Heh.

1 comment:

BadTux said...

Luckily Harleys have giant dry clutches rather than those wimpy multi-plate Jap wet clutches, right?

- Badtux the Easily Amused Penguin