Sunday, August 7, 2005

Go get him



I love this woman. Reminds me of my mom . . . only younger . . . and still alive.

CRAWFORD, Texas (AP) -- The angry mother [Cindy Sheehan] of a fallen U.S. soldier staged a protest near President Bush's ranch Saturday, demanding an accounting from Bush of how he has conducted the war in Iraq.

[. . .]

She said she decided to come to Crawford a few days ago after Bush said that fallen U.S. troops had died for a noble cause and that the mission must be completed.

"I want to ask the president, `Why did you kill my son? What did my son die for?" she said, her voice cracking with emotion. "Last week, you said my son died for a noble cause' and I want to ask him what that noble cause is?"

[. . .]


My mom was a tough broad too, and refused to take shit from anybody. I'm glad at least one news service covered this.

Via Cabana Boy.

No comments: