Saturday, June 25, 2011

To all my ...

Gay and lesbian friends. I expect invitations. Heh ...

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- At New York City's Stonewall Inn, the Greenwich Village pub that spawned the gay rights movement on a June night in 1969, Scott Redstone watched New York pass a historic same-sex marriage law with his partner of 29 years, and popped the question. "I said, 'Will you marry me?' And he said, 'Of course!'" Redstone said he and Steven Knittweis walked home to pop open a bottle of champagne.

...


For the first time in 235 years, the New York State Legislature did something really good. It's a great day in New York.

Update:

And nobody says it better than The Rude One:

...

And if the New York Senate passes the gay marriage bill? By implication, it must mean that God says, "Oh, suck my sacred sack" to evangelicals.

Update: And, lo, God presented his balls and said unto the fundamentalists, "Yea, place these hairy orbs into your mouths and wash 'em real good."


Indeed. And, on the Eighth Day, God said (quoting that hack Tom Friedman) "Suck. On. This."

Update II:

And, as I'm watching the local news, you know what's pissing me off? The amount of black folks out protesting against gay marriage. Religious beliefs aside, a lot of other-than-black people (including many gay people) put their ass on the line with you in the 60s and early 70s in the South when you were fighting for your civil rights at a time when they were institutionally denied. Woulda been nice of you to pay that back this time. At the very least, if gay marriage bugs you so much, stay the fuck home.

7 comments:

Gordon said...

Ya know how we're always arguing about which of our state legislatures has the most stoopid? After that vote, California is solidly in the lead!

Congrats to Noo Yawk for doing something right.

Fixer said...

I gladly relinquish the title to the Golden State.

Anonymous said...

Congrats.
The suits finally got one right.

Anonymous said...

Who were the Republican/Democratic politicians that finally did the right thing?

Funny, I went to the second anniversary of Stonewall as bodyguard for a homosexual who was just coming out. He got his first date that night. I felt like a Victorian father (at 23) demanding, address, telephone number and photo ID from his pickup.

Fixer, a big shock to me in Vietnam was seeing the racism and violence by the blacks and hispanics against the Vietnamese and the Koreans. Haters gonna hate.

The first hippie commune that I was ever at was hating on the native Americans next door.

Still real real glad to see some American virtues upheld.

CAFKIA said...

I feel like I can speak for all Black people everywhere (because I say I can) and I fully support the tremendous gains my Gay bretheren and sisteren and Ambigouseren have made in NY. I hope it spreads all over the world and that this rash of sanity leads to the legalization of weed next.

Spud said...

Naw they ain't gonna do that.
The gov will wait till I get emphysema and can't smoke no more.lol

Anonymous said...

The Rude Pundit is on a roll! But he's still no match for David Bromberg (musician) in the enormity schtick yet.

Rude Pundit:

"[...] same-sex marriage vote in the New York Senate, the worstest thing to happen in the history of forever, like five Holocausts, three Hiroshimas, and a really bad wedgie, all at the same time."

David Bromberg, "Will Not Be Your Fool" (must be heard to really appreciate it; apologies for his "faggot" reference):

I’ll be Goddamn, 6 feet under ground, dead in my grave, buried and long forgot
I’ll be so long gone and forgot that my flesh will have turned and returned to the nutrients and elements and the molecules from which it originated
I mean to say that the genus and species of worms that used to crawl in and out of the sockets of my eyelid holes will vanish from the face of the earth
I need to say I’ll see the earth leave its orbit
I’ll wear the rings of Saturn for a ring around my little pinky
I’ll let your sister marry a Venutian
I will see you dead
I’ll see your lover dead
I’ll see his lover dead
I’ll see his lover dead
I’ll see his lover dead
I’ll see that faggot dead
I’ll see everyone you ever knew, loved, touched, stood next to, heard of, smelt, felt, dreamed about in your life or any of your descendant’s lives -- down to the 168th person
Roasted and tortured in hell
For 1 billion trillion years
16 eternity’s
27 forevers
11 thousand years after that before I will be your fool!