Friday, July 8, 2011

ConnProbs

I've spent the last coupla hours getting an internet connection. First I called AT&T. Three times - "one, two, three times a maybe" and then a nice young gent in the Phillipines fixed it for me after much opening and closing and clicking and phonetic spelling and "AHA!"s. Apparently some scumbag snuck inta my set and clicked me a proxy setting and the browsers went on strike. IT's a pain in the ass but necessary for us technical illiterates. Now I know what to look for so I learned something.

The Flip kid had me switch ends on the ethernet cable and it made a difference of some kind (see "AHA!"). I asked him why, and he didn't know but said he did that at home and it works. So did I and it does and I don't know why either. Heh.

2 comments:

Fixer said...

Was he an American Flip or a Pillipino Flip? Serious, when you have a problem, you don't care how it gets fixed as long as it ends up working. At that point, you'll agree to standing on yer head and shooting sparks out yer ass if you thought it would work. Heh ...

Gordon said...

I considered it, but it was a high fire danger day. He was in the Philippines.