Friday, September 16, 2011

I tell you what ...

I'm no fan of Carville but considering what he accomplished with Bill Clinton (and Bill is still reaping the benefits of his association with Carville), I'll grant him his expertise in the field and I'd certainly take his political advice over the current crop of White House advisers.

People often ask me what advice I would give the White House about various things. Today I was mulling over election results from New York and Nevada while thinking about that very question. What should the White House do now? One word came to mind: Panic.

We are far past sending out talking points. Do not attempt to dumb it down. We cannot stand any more explanations. Have you talked to any Democratic senators lately? I have. It's pretty damn clear they are not happy campers.

This is what I would say to President Barack Obama: The time has come to demand a plan of action that requires a complete change from the direction you are headed.

I don't know how else to break this down. Simply put:

...


We been saying most of this shit for 2 years now, but we're just "dirty fucking hippies". Carville is a pro and his advice makes far more sense than whatever the fuck Barry's doing.

Great thanks to David Dayen for the link.

2 comments:

Arthur Mervyn said...

Like you, I'm no big fan of Carville. He married Mary Matalin, one of the sleaziest people to crawl out from under a rock. Exceeded only by her boss, Cheney. Getting Clinton elected was a feather in Carville's cap, but a mixed blessing for the rest of us. The fortuitous economic boom made Clinton look successful, but he was just as ready to throw people under the bus as Obama and he triangulated the country rightward.

Fixer said...

I was speaking more to the nuts and bolts of running a campaign and presenting policy, as opposed to the specific policies themselves. Believe you me, I'm no fan of Clinton either, for the same reasons you're not, Theo, but you'd have to admit, getting elected and holding onto office for them was quite successful.