Monday, September 12, 2011

Working for the State ...

That's what I'll be doing for the next month, starting today. I'll be sitting on a New York State grand jury, earning $40/day. Light blogging today because I have to be at the state court house in Riverhead (45 mile trip) by 9 this morning. I'll be at one of 3 state courts on Long Island, Riverhead, Hauppauge, or Central Islip. I'm hoping for either Hauppauge or CI because from either one it's a 3 minute drive home for lunch.

More regular blogging tomorrow, once I figure out a routine.

Lunchtime Update:

Yay, I got Central Islip.

5 comments:

Gordon said...

This could be interesting. Let us know what you can.

montag said...

If you are going to be sitting around eating and falling asleep for $40 of my tax dollars each day you better hand down some indictments so I can think it well spent.

Gordon said...

$40 per day is less than minimum wage. They better give him a lot of food...

montag said...

There, you see! Government jobs aren't real jobs. :-))

Fixer said...

You get what you pay for. Heh ...