Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The reason why ...

I associate less and less with my Conservative acquaintances:

Applause lines:

  • The uninsured should be left to die.
  • Said uninsured parents should have daughters who die unnecessarily of cervical cancer.
  • A Fed Chairman who tries to fulfill his mandate by reducing unemployment is guilty of treason.

Boo lines:

  • Muslims are not collectively responsible for 9/11.
  • The children of illegal immigrants should not be denied the chance to go to college.
  • We should not pass an extraordinarily regressive tax cut.


If you consider yourself one of these people, than I really can't consider you a friend. You can't pick your relatives (that's why we all have at least one crazy conservative in the family we have to put up with), but you can pick your friends. I choose not to associate with such hateful, bigoted, bloodthirsty people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again.. I'm with you, Fixer.

I think I posted before about letting a couple of friendships languish because I just cannot tolerate their frenzied desire to punish someone and to witness the suffering. The friends I'm talking about were not always so venomous; I truly do not understand what has happened to them.

Jay in N.C.

Gordon said...

They're miserable in life and want everybody else to be also.