Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We the People, and the New American Civil War

A 'recommended read' by Robert Reich.

In other words, white working-class men have been on the losing end of a huge demographic and economic shift. That’s made them a tinder-box of frustration and anger – eagerly ignited by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and other pedlars of petulance, including an increasing number of Republicans who have gained political power by fanning the flames.

That hate-mongering and attendant scapegoating – of immigrants, blacks, gays, women seeking abortions, our government itself – has legitimized some vitriol and scapegoating on the left as well. I detest what the Koch Brothers, Karl Rove, Grover Norquist, Rupert Murdoch, and Paul Ryan are doing, and I hate their politics. But in this heated environment I sometimes have to remind myself I don’t hate them personally.
Bobby's very smart, but he's too nice. I hate everybody he mentioned and it's personal.

4 comments:

CAFKIA said...

Well that is odd. A smart guy like Reich mispelled "flatulence".

Phil said...

" I hate everybody he mentioned and it's personal. "

Nodding my head in agreement as I grind my axe.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Gordon, but I cast my net a bit wider - I pray nightly that Justice Scalia's head will explode.

Demurely,

Jay in N.C.

:)

Gordon said...

CAFKIA, I had the same idea. Heh.

Obama will name one, maybe two, Supreme Court Justices. Scalia has operated with an exploded head for years.