Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Amazing Racism - Geographical Bigotry

I'm sure we all feel that the name of Goodhair's hunting camp is offensive as well as scads of other things with the same name. Welcome to America. Heh.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
The Amazing Racism - Geographical Bigotry
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satirehttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook


Check out this list of place names just in California. They left out one that's about 5 miles from me, another one in my county and who knows how many others, including a State Park.

And don't forget Brazil nuts. Heh.

4 comments:

Fixer said...

I tell ya, for the first half of my life, I thought "Niggerhead" was the actual name of a capstan. Growing up on an island full of boat owners, I never heard it referred to by its proper name.

Gordon said...

I ran across a post about people growing up who never heard Brazil nuts called by their right name as well.

montag said...

Where I lived in MA, there is a pond that the locals used to call "Nigger Pond" (good fishing) but the name on maps was different. One of the ways you could tell us (local) from them (transplants).

merlallen said...

The Germans have a confection that's named after "brazil nuts" I really loved those things and gummi bears and especially German beer.