Friday, April 22, 2005

Health care

I'm not a big fan of socialized medicine. I've seen it in action. My Shaivo-esqe nephew is the result of medical malpractice and there was little recourse through the system. He's 14 now and has to be carried, fed, and is still in diapers. As I say this, I read this from The Talent Show, complete with a fancy graph so simpletons like me can understand it.

[. . .]

That's right, we spend more than twice as much as most of our friends, yet we cover a much lower percentage of our people and have a higher rates of illness and death for preventable diseases . . .


Our system is shot, ladies and gents. We need something different before it, and all of us, go bankrupt trying to fix ourselves and support the pharmaceutical industry.

Thanks to Ezra for the link.

Update: 17:25:

Jeff at The American Street has more.

No comments: