Monday, October 31, 2005

AT&T to Cingular

Let's just say if you were an AT&T mobile customer before Cingular took them over, prepare to get reamed when you try to upgrade. (The Mrs. had to upgrade to a bigger plan for business) The Mrs. and I went round and round with them yesterday for 2 hours. You see, Cingular looks at you as a new customer if it doesn't cost them any money. You're an existing customer if they have to reach into their pockets. Then I spent another couple hours tranferring my address book from my old phone (dinosaur) to my new one. Thanks to contract overlaps, I wasn't gonna pay $500 to get away from Cingular, but I suggest if you're in the market for a new mobile provider to look for someone besides Cingular. I'll add that their sales people at the Smith Haven Mall store were extremely courteous and helpful. Unfortunatley the corporate policies under which they operate suck.

No comments: