Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A little military humor

After reading Fixer's post about Air Force Weenies and some lively comments thereon, I saw this in a book I'm reading, "Ambush Alley", about the 1stBn,2d Marines' fight in Nasiriya on the heels of Pvt. Lynch's capture.

In the ever-friendly spirit of Inter-service Rivalry, here goes:

"Three high-school friends meet up for a camping holiday a few months after they have joined up. The one who was in the Air Force says:

"Boot Camp was horrible. They ran out of Diet Coke in the soda fountain.

"The one from the Army says:

"That's nothing. They made me sleep outside and it rained on me.

"The one from the Marine Corps says nothing. He carries on lighting the fire with nothing but his dick."

If the Marine Corps taught me nothing else, to this day I know how to ring a doorbell with my arms full!

No comments: