Sunday, April 16, 2006

Done deal...again

Billmon:

...

The problem, which I'm sure Clarke and Simon fully understand, is that there isn't going to be a congressional resolution this time - in fact I'd be very surprised if the administration gives the leadership of either party more than 24 hours notice before the bombing begins. No marketing campaigns, no debates, no arms twisted in the Oval Office. Just a fait accompli. (That's French for: "Choke on it, suckers." [my em]

...


No shit. There ain't gonna be any dicking around with the U.N. or Congress. The balloon is gonna go up and the cruise missiles are gonna fly and then will be the first time we hear about it. I'll betcha anything there are guys from my old combat control unit already there, scouting out targets; refining the aim so to speak. This will only amount to a big fucking mess if we don't stop them.

Great thanks to Dr. Attaturk for the link.

No comments: