Monday, June 26, 2006

Third Party?

[Read this in light of the two posts directly below.]

My friend Bulldog:

...

My point to all of this is that bloggers are a very politically aware group; even those who do nothing more than read the blogs. A healthy distrust of the spoon-fed news we see on TV is good. Blogs tend to serve as alternate media sources with varying degrees of readership and knowledge on the issues. Personally, I don't think there is anything stopping us bloggers transitioning from talking about the issues and policies to deciding the issues and policies.

So what do you think? Do you think a Bloggers Party is in order? [my em]


So, what do you think? Do we really need the Dems (I'm thinking long-term here, not the '06 - '08 elections)? After all, we, painting with a broad brush, are probably more progressive than anybody but Dean and Feingold. Why not a Blogger Party? At least, an American Progressive Party? Should we say 'fuck the Dems' and create a party that's 'more lefter', where competency, integrity, and ethics, as well as the betterment of all Americans are the major planks of the party platform?

I'd seriously like to explore this and I hope some of you who know the nuts and bolts of going about creating a political party (or at least running one) will comment. If you're gonna tell me it can't be done, I want to know why. Email me if you're going to write a Master's thesis. - Fixer

No comments: