Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Behavior Police ...

...

Trouble in transit, got through the roadblock
we blended in with the crowd
We got computers, we're tapping phone lines
I know that ain't allowed
We dress like students, we dress like housewives
or in a suit and a tie
I changed my hairstyle so many times now
don't know what I look like!

...

~Life During Wartime - Talking Heads


Seems TSA has taken a page from the Israelis' playbook. Thing is, it will probably be implemented looking through the lens of conservative, scared-shitless of the brown men, gung-ho assholes. Republicans and their sycophants, in other words.

Cliff Schecter sees the hazards:

...

Got that? Micro-expressions are cause for alarm. A mere flicker. I can see the signs now: "Poker faces advised beyond this point."

...

Nooooo, really? Civil liberties? Like they ever counted. And about those different cultures, would that lead to "blink profiling" or "twitch discrimination"? What if you're Middle Eastern with a poker face, but American with a nervous cough? What a challenge, huh? Whew! I don't envy them Face Cops!

...

No comments: