Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Woman cited for cursing her toilet

The Times-Tribune (Scranton PA)

Dawn Herb, of 924 Luzerne St., is facing a disorderly conduct charge that was issued after she started swearing at her backed-up toilet near an open window last week.

If convicted, she could face a maximum sentence of 90 days in jail and a $300 fine.

“This is an extreme example of the government trying to intrude into a place they have no business being, your bathroom and your home,” said Mary Catherine Roper, an attorney with the ACLU. “You can prosecute somebody for bad language in Iran, this isn’t Iran.”

No, it's not Iran. I think the current role model under study is Pakistan, but I digress...

90 days for cussin' out a toilet? If they're listening at my house when Bush or Cheney or a neocon come on TV, I'll get fuckin' life!

If, on the other hand, they come into my bathroom when I'm takin' care of business, they deserve whatever they get.

No comments: