Thursday, October 23, 2008

Is this thing on? [tap - tap]

Via Maru. There are supporters:

... At a [McCain] rally in the blue-collar Philadelphia suburb of Bensalem on Tuesday morning, fewer than 500 people showed up ...


And then there are supporters:

... The event provided a sharp contrast to a pair of Obama's weekend rallies in Missouri, attended by 75,000 and 100,000 people.


Anecdotally, working in the reddest county (Nassau) in New York as I do, I see a lot more Obama lawn signs than I do McCain (by about 3 to 1) as I drive around. Seems to be true that most folks have had enough; astonishing to me because I figured the American people had the appetite to swallow a hell of a lot more shit before they reached their limit. I guess, if you want to motivate people, hit them in their wallets. I wonder how long it'll be before the Rethugs start saying the economic collapse was arranged by the Dems to get Obama elected?

He'll be here for 12 more days. Try the veal ...

No comments: